L’ Antica Pizzeria da Michele

L’ Antica Pizzeria da Michele

In 1870, the Condurro family started what was to become a long tradition of master pizza makers in the center of Naples.

Michele Condurro son of Salvatore, improved the family’s art of preparing the pizza, whose secrets he had learned from the famous masters in Torre Annunziata (district outside city), who were experts in preparing and kneading the dough, as well as baking the pizza.

Michele opened his first pizzeria in 1906, where the current Ascalesi Hospital is and whose construction forced the pizzeria to move. In 1930 the store was transferred to its present location, in Via Cesare Sersale. The historic pizzeria has often been described by experts and journalists as “the Sacred Temple of Pizza”.

Since then, five generations of master pizza makers have kept on working as the founder, following the tradition and being faithful to Grandfather Michele’s instructions: “There are only two types of Neapolitan Pizza, the “Marinara” and the “Margherita” and no “junk” should be used in preparing the pizza, because it could only alter its world famous genuineness and taste”.

The secret of da Michele’s never-ending success is: using natural ingredients and an old, traditional, time-tested method of leavening the pizza dough.

L’ Antica Pizzeria da Michele 

JOIN US ON THE NEXT PAGE FOR THE VIDEO

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Tracking ID UA-74037108-1